Thursday, September 20, 2007

Proud Mommy

We are all proud of our children. Many different reasons for being proud of them, just for being ours is a big one. Just recently I have been bursting at the seams with pride because of a daughter making honor roll for her first time, finally getting past the constant forgetfulness stage. Proud of a daughter for being talented beyond all reason in playing viola and making All County. Proud of a son that has slowly started to show empathy and follow directions.

For example, tonight while I was tucking him in and we had read our bedtime story, I hung around to snuggle and rub noses. We were getting giggly and I was pretending I had to sneeze.
"AH, AH, AH, CHOO!" and I blew a raspberry on his belly. He thinks this is hilarious and after the first time he starts to imitate me.

"AH, AH, AH, CHOO!" Clunk! We bang heads. He puts his little hand on my forehand and asks "OK?"
"I'm OK. Are you OK?" I rub his forehead and when he smiles at me I tell him "OK I think we need to try that again."

He puts a hand on either side of my head and before I realize what he is doing his head comes toward mine. Clunk!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! The joy of children surpasses none.

Crystal xx

She's like the wind said...

Snuggling is the best time with children, when you take time to concentrate on nothing else but enjoying each others company and laughing and learning. Love it!

Suzy said...

Yeh, that's it Connor- I would have done the same thing!!!

Love this kid....

Casdok said...

Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, you take what you can get - I'm always a second too late, see it coming as it's coming but reactions are always too slow!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post...a joy to read!