Monday, March 10, 2008

Old man grocery shopping

This an Email I recieved from a friend today. It reminded me of experiences in the store with Connor, except I could laugh about it.

An old gentleman was grocery shopping with his grandson. The toddler was crying and at times screaming at the top of his lungs.

As the old gentleman walked up and down the aisles, people could hear him speaking in a soft voice...
"We are almost done, Albert...
Try not to cry, Albert...
Life will get better, Albert..."

As he approached the checkout stand, He carefully brushed the toddler's tears from his eyes and said again, "Try not to cry, Albert...We will be home soon, Albert..."

As he was paying the cashier, the toddler continued to cry as a young woman in line behind him said, "Sir, I think it is wonderful how sweet you are being to your little Albert."

The old gentleman blinked his eyes a couple of times before saying.
"My grandson's name is John... I'm Albert."

4 comments:

Casdok said...

I wasnt expecting that!! Lovely.

Suzy said...

Great post!

Very very funny.

Love to you, Connor and the girls.

Suzy

She's like the wind said...

Excellent. x

Anonymous said...

I echo the others. I can almost hear myself saying it when I'm out with Amy!

Crystal xx